29 August, 2008

Random moment from a dream

I'm walking down the hallway, wearing headphones, absently singing (badly) along with the music. I've decided to enjoy my isolation and just take each moment as it comes along. I don't know the song thats playing, but its soft and mournful... fitting my mood, I suppose. Yet there's something hopeful, some kind of undertone I can't identify. I've been listening to the song on repeat for the last 20 minutes or so, trying to grasp that thread of hope...

I turn a corner and a friend is standing there, smirking at me as I'm startled by the sudden encounter. He puts out a hand to steady me, says something I can't hear over the music. I go to take out the headphones and he shakes his head, pointing down the hallway to indicate he's on his way somewhere and can't stop anyway. I nod and smile and start to step around him but he steps into the way again and gives me a Look like I've done something stupid. I frown and shrug, having no clue what he expects of me.

He laughs and wraps his arms around me in a tight hug, then kisses me on the forehead before he lets go and sends me on my way.

No comments: