29 August, 2008

Unfortunately, he never followed through :(

He sits in his chair, hands lazily toying with her hair as She kneels before him with Her cheek against his thigh. I kneel beside Her, looking up at him as he shares tales of his wilder days... He'd known girls with a thing for cutting, girls who would come to him. He would mark them, intricate and detailed carvings. She smiles at me and I smile at him as She mentions thats something I'd be into. "I had to stop" he says, and I make no attempt to hide my disappointment as I ask why "Because I liked it a little too much." I tell him thats a pity, because I've never found anyone who would play that way with me. He smiles and says maybe its been long enough.

Later, he's sitting cross legged on the floor, I'm laying with my head in his lap. He takes hold of my hand and brings it up to kiss my fingertips before turning it over. The sharp edge of his thumbnail traces a pattern against my wrist while he watches my face to see the response. I try not to squirm but it can't be helped, and I can't hold back a murmur of sound that makes him smile "I thought so."

No comments: