29 August, 2008

"Whats on your mind?"

"Whats on your mind?" His voice was low, thoughtful, amused. One eyebrow was quirked, and the corner of his mouth twitched. He knew exactly what it was, but had every intention of making me say it. He always knew what it was, but he liked to hear the words.

"Nothing, you'll laugh." I didn't meet his eyes and couldn't keep my hands from twisting together in my lap.

"Nothing, or I'll laugh... If its nothing there's nothing to laugh at, and if there's something to laugh at its not nothing." the laughter slipped out, a low chuckle, he enjoyed toying with me this way.

I glanced at him and quickly away again, couldn't afford to meet his eyes, he'd see everything there. The words escaped in spite of me, low, hopeful "Am I allowed to..."

"To..." he shifted, leaning forward so that his face fell into my line of view and I could see his smile "To what?"

I swallowed hard, caught, it was a serpent's gaze. "Fall."

"For?"

"You." it escaped on a breath and couldn't be reclaimed

"Maybe." the smile faded a little but his eyes were searching mine, digging through all my secrets and tossing them aside as he categorized them.

"I hate you" a whisper, a plea

"No." he touched the tip of one finger to my lower lip "You just wish you could"

"Yes." confession on a shuddering breath of desire

"Stop thinking" his face filled my vision, my world "You know you want to kiss me."

I did. So... I did.

No comments: